Monday, August 04, 2008

Practicing to eat on his own

I am happy with Benedict's latest achievement... he is now trying to eat on his own. He is far from feeding himself but is slowly progressing to that. He can now hold his plastic spoon and can feed himself basta it's not soup, otherwise, it will all end up in his lap or on the table.

But if it's rice and viand...or even cereals, he can manage to eat on his own...at least for a few spoonfuls, before he gets too frustrated and throw the utensils, food and all out. waaah!!! I am patiently teaching him how to get the food to land in his mouth. That's why I have also made his meals different each time as I have noticed that he is a picky eater like me & my siblings. What's worse is that his Daddy Marlon (as I have gathered from his old nanny) is also such as a kid, eating nothing but "humba". oh men!

I also hope to wean Benedict to sippy cups at the very least, if not to drinking glass na soon. Although his pediatric dentist assures me that he has very healthy set of milk teeth, I would not also want to risk it esp. since he still takes milk during midnight and again at dawn. Good thing I have no problem now following it up with water na. But that was a difficult battle I ahve won. I am just glad that I have stuck to my resolve and had the patience to implement as well as his Daddy's support. Good thing we were both there when the pediatric dentist explained its importance as Marlon does tend to give in when Benedict starts his whining to get is way. He does use the Avent Sportster now but I couldn't get him to use the Magic cups. Hay, good thing those were only freebies I got from purchasing the sterilizer and another one I got as a Christmas present form one of his Ninangs. I hope I can convince him to start using it soon. I am looking forward to retiring his Avent bottles soon.

I am getting panicky! My little boy is taking small sure steps into his own independence...waaah! I am losing my little baby... ^_^

No comments: