Monday, August 04, 2008

Paper Models

While looking for the Kumon workbooks a few months ago, I have come across some origami and paper models at NBS. The origami are of farm animals, sea creatures and safari types. I have bought a set but decided that to keep it for the meantime. They are way too advanced for my little boy to enjoy.

But these paper models are good ones to "play with". Mostly it was me who cut, pasted and assembled everything...but my little one is very much excited to see the final output. (I told him I am going to build him an airplane, hehe...and I guess that perked up his excitement!) So he was eagerly cheering me on and when I took quite a while to finish it...sorry the cutting & pasting part is a bit tricky for a self-confessed non-artsy like myself ha.. But as I have always said, I can do anything for my little boy...or at least I try to.

props: safety scissors and glue

here's the finished product: the AIRPLANE

Oh for this one, my little boy helped 'cut' the wheels using safety scissors :-) But for the truck, which we did on a different day...i think 2 days after he tore the plane into half. I was even amazed it lasted longer than a day, the way he was carrying it around and making it fly everywhere...even brought it to his Ah Ko's pharmacy to "show" it to her...his words! I bet it's just an excuse of his just so he can bring it with him as we are scheduled to visit my SIL that day. But I let him get away with it, so that he can also enjoy his first paper plane.

happy model of his paper plane ^_^

the TRUCK

This time he was even less helpful as he is also distracted with his new toy...the race track his Daddy got him for his die-cast cars. But while I did all the cutting, he was hovering all over me. But the race track is simply more exciting, so he would just check in on me from time to time asking "Mommy...done?" aba! and he thinks it's easy doing these ha! I am quite amused. Made him help in attaching the wheels, as it is the last part. And he was proudly showng it off to his Daddy...is "twuck"

putting on the finishing touches...

He was saying "ride mommy" oh no! he seems to think i would fit in there, haha...but i soon realize that he was referring to the supplies he was putting into the truck. Oh! he meant them and not me. :-)) Even his die-cast cars went in for a "ride" too. A few days thereafter I soon found this little piece of art shredded into tiny little pieces by who else?...but my curious little boy who is just so fascinated with tearing apart every single paper he can get his hands on.

here are the other titles in these series...

I find these very cheap for a worthwhile activity Benedict and I can bond over. At least while waiting for the Kumon first step workbooks to arrive. It's sold at most NBS for Php 40+ per book.

No comments: