Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dress Rehearsal

I cant resist not blogging on this...

Would have waited til end of August before I publish the whole batch of pics for the month, but my excitement got the better of me. It's the first time my Benedict will march down the aisle as part of the wedding entourage of his Tita Grace, Marlon's first cousin in Cebu.

We are flying to my fave city - the Queen City of the South on Wednesday. The wedding will be on Thursday na.

I actually didn't make much preparation... except for asking my dear cousin Mickie to schedule a family photoshoot for us. I'd want my little one's first time in a barong captured for posterity. And a good excuse for a family photo also, hehe.. gi-una pa ang photoshoot, nyahaha!

If not for the timely discussion over at newlyweds, I wouldn't have bothered to make my tiny tike "practice" marching down the aisle. Thanks Jessie for the timely posting...and to Roslyn (ni Allan) for the many tips. I actually had Benedict walk carrying a hardbound book of mine, to mimic the feel of a bible. I hope when it's time for the real march, he would walk down the aisle by himself. But if not, Mommy's ever-ready to hold his hand..haha. I always do this for my relatives and friends' weddings.

So here's a few shots of my Benedict doing his practice walk down the aisle...

carrying his "bible" again...

not interested to practice walking anymore..

It's interesting to note though that I have included in our practice a pause in his walking so he can look at the camera. I was telling him "..so that the cameraman can take your picture", and he would oblige me and pause on cue. I think he pretty much understands what I am saying. But the thing is, after every shot I take, he would run to me to check on my cam his pic. A case of nepotism??!! ngee! I am wondering what will happen on the wedding day itself?! will he run to the cameraman to check on his pic? hahaha...

Oh well, here's a few pose from the Bible bearer for Tita Grace's wedding...

before we were successful in getting him to wear the barong am i cute? ^_^

save for the 'brown' shoes (bought his black shoes a while ago lang) and the sleeveless undershirt (still in the laundry as of practice time)... this is going to be his outfit na

what do you think???!!

And since he wont wear his barong, his Daddy Marlon had to wear his for Benedict to follow suit. And Mommy's camera is happily clicking...though my subjects are both reluctant models.

dress rehearsal

Daddy Marlon and his mini-me...

I just hope Benedict will be comfortable enough to march down the aisle on Thursday. Hay, as expected both his Daddy and I are more excited for him.

Wish us luck!!!

No comments: