Sunday, August 03, 2008

My Boys are both sick :-((

It must be because of the changing weather that's why my Benedict caught the colds. And as always the case when kids are sick, he is whiny and grumpy. The littlest things would irk him. And I have to bring out an extra ounce of patience when dealing with him. Brought him to his pedia the other day but Doc couldn't find anything wrong except for a low grade fever at 37.8 C, and prescribed the usual paracetamol for him. But yesterday Benedict was sneezing already and has runny nose. A clear indication that he's displaying an allergic reaction again. So 2 days after we have changed all the sheets in our room, we just have to vacuum all over again. And he is put back on medication. We had him on Singulair again. And Aerius for 7 days or until the runny nose would clear out.

So far, his sneezing has ceased na as of today. And I guess he feels better na coz his appetite is back. In fact he wolfed down his meal of nilagang baka na this noon. I hope he is all well na tomorrow.

As for the daddy, Marlon's been to his EENT coz there's a mump on both areas of his lower ears. Although the doc could not really confirm that it is indeed mumps, we just took the necessary precaution and had him sleep at the guest room since last night. As they say mumps are contagious and harmful for little boys as it may cause younger boys (adolescents) to be sterile. We just dont want to take the risk, so we'd rather be safe than sorry.

What worries me the most is that Marlon said his Doc told him that he saw a small 'bukol' at the back of his nose too when he did an 'endoscopy' (i dunno if this is the correct term here) on him. And while he was only prescried antibiotics now, if he wont respond to the medication, he will be recommended for a biopsy. Although there is not much to worry, but to check on it will be best. It could also be just part of his mump inflamation. I am definitely looking at the bright side here.

I came from a family of cancer-patients. I lost my Ah Ma years ago to pancreatic cancer. So I am worried sick. It's not as if Marlon's diagnosed with such na, but I am sooo afraid of that possibility.

Right now, I am wide-awake...staring blankly at the computer screen...at least for a few hours now before I started composing this particular blog. I have just finished praying the entire decade of the rosary. And have lifted up all my prayers to him for Marlon's intention. Now I wanna rest all my cares to Him. But I couldn't seem to stop worrying still...

I have always been strong and steadfast in my faith in Him. I know God wont give me any situation I can't handle.

If you came across this post of mine, pls. whispher a short prayer for the intention of my husband and for my little boy as well. God bless us all!

No comments: