Monday, August 04, 2008

Kiddie Parties Fun!

Attended two birthday parties within a week...
The first one is of Marlon's inaanak who's family was vacationing from the UK. Since it's a kiddie party, my Benedict was the one who enjoyed it the most. He couldn't get enough roaming about and checking out the party scene, hehe... He is so wanting of a playmate/s that every kid he meets (esp. the older ones), he would immediately befriend =D
He participated too in the games, although he never won anything. But he took my hand when the party host called for a kid to bring his/her pretty mom in front. aaaaw, I feel so proud that my son thinks his mom is pretty...fishing for compliments?, haha. But really, dont we all think that our moms are the prettiest when we were small kids too? When did we start to change our opinions ba? I dare hope my own son would never change his?!! haha, vanity!!!
Even danced with Dora and Barney...who totally wowed the kids with their dance number :-))
My little one is sooo delighted that he was dancing in his chair too while the mascots are putting on a show. And when the part came where the kids are allowed to dance with the mascots, my little one was the very first one who joined them...much to the delight of his vey shy Daddy and his friends..hehe. Dont look at me, I am not much of a dancer myself. So I guess he got that part of his genes from his Gua Ma (my mom), hehe...
The venue of this party is in Harbour Lights. It's a resto with a garden setting and a bayview. But the property is a bit built on the higher grounds so rails separate it from accessing the bay itself. And the interesting thing here is that while we were leaning on the rails, me holding Benedict...busy making small talks (read: chika) w/ the gay party host, my little boy kicked his shoe and down it fell on the sandy shores. Good thing it's low tide so it rested on the shore along with other debris from god knows where!
And this is the bad thing about this establishment...when we asked for help form the 4 waiters roaming about, whoooa they're all too busy and refused to fetch the fallen shoe. Hmmm, I even tried asking help from their supervisor who also acted as cashier that night. But her not interested reply is to ask from the waiters if they are not too busy to fetch my son's shoe! I could have raised hell and tell them off, but I remember that we are merely guests here. I would never dream of ruining a party for someone esp. since I dont even know the hosts personally as they are my husband's acquaintances from his business dealings. And my parents naman had taught me good manners. So there, Marlon told me to just throw the other shoe as well to make it a pair...reminds us of the old Jose Rizal tale? =D Good thing my Yaya volunteered to try going down the railings and she fetched the shoe herself. Haay! thank goodness for Yaya's "spiderwoman" skills, hehe. So we went home with my little boys red Crocs in pair. And I vowed never to hold any event of ours in this particular venue. Oh well, they've just lost a prospective client in me.
The controversial shoe...
can you see it? it's the red speck somewhere just below the center

The second party we have attended within that very same week was of twin girls, Andrea and Agnes...our neighbor and Benedict's occassional playmates. I was amazed with my tiny tike. He seems to be a people person. He got anxious when we arrived but soon loved mingling around. He went straight to the twins. They're playmates so he is comfortable with them na. He participated in most of the games such as "simon says" and "bring me"...although mostly saling-pusa ^_^ but he loves the feeling of being included, hehe.
For the bring me game, he proudly showed me his prizes..haha. He keeps on coming back for more :-D
I love the stage Benedict is in right now. He is also very sociable. Oh well he seems to be such even as a baby. Due to his being a breastfed baby, he goes with me everywhere. And esp. when we go out malling, he enjoys the attention he gets from salesladies and even complete strangers. Thus he somewhat developed his friendliness. =D But I also sense that he is a bit shy and reserved, esp. if he is not familiar with the person/place yet. Not a bad combination dba? I guess he got that from me. Many of my friends would tell me that they find me suplada at first, but changed their mind when they have known me more. I guess that's better than being plastic?!!! ^_^

No comments: