Friday, February 01, 2008

photobooks

It's been the topic of the week over at Newlyweds@Work for the last two weeks i guess. Everyone's so into this thread. From US-based n@wies to Manila-based ones, everyone (or so it seems when you follow this thread), is into this "photobook".

So i checked every site and links given out, mainly to satisfy my curiousity as to what it is... and much to my delight, it seems like the heaven-sent reply to my growing files of digital pictures. I am so glad I have this ever-reliable group to share interesting ideas with.

Anyway, back to picturebooks...I've checked out Blurb (thinking that I can have it delivered to my cousin's US address and have it shipped to me later) but I can't seem to download their free software. So next is My Publisher. I was able to download their free My Publisher Book Maker a few days ago. I've been trying to organize my pictures into them but I seem to have too many. I don't think I am artistic enough also to do it on my own. Hmmm, I thought of checking out the local ones instead.

Oh, I did check out first the ones offering online services. As being CDO-based can be quite daunting when it comes to new products availability such as this new craze. As expected, while the rest of Manila & Cebu are into this hype, CDO still remains...clueless as to what a photobook is...eowww! I guess, I am and will always be a Cebuana at heart so there will really be times (such as now) when I am asking myself why am I in this jungle? (exag!!! not so provincial na sad bya ang CDO...we do have SM here and a few other malls)...Nah, i will always be missing Cebu (and the rest of my friends and relatives there). My best friend aka my only sister and her family still lives in the Queen City of the South. Lucky her!

Anyway, back to photobooks again...i checked out Manila-based "Digiprint", but since most of the girls at n@w are saying their services sucks, they seem to not be the obvious choice...next that I checked out is "Picture Books", which has better reviews as per n@wies standards. In fact, the whole photobook thread, started by group-owner Ms. Benz (Rana) herself, is about the services of Picture Books...which has snowballed into all other websites offering same services. I was drooling with envy, if only they have a provincial counterpart, or a branch...hmmm, whick prompted me to email them and ask if they are thinking of having a new branch opening in CDO anytime in the near future? I was even bold enough to ask if they are willing to franchise and what is the estimated cost. It's a good idea anyway...and maybe a chance for me to purchase the much-talked about and to-die for Macbook Air (hahaha, i wish!). But seriously, most of the n@wies had talked about the difference in using a PC as compared to a Macbook. But that's entirely a different and long story to tell...And Marlon & I recently agreed to take stock of our purchases and curb our shopping sprees. we need to save up for the little boy. Oh well, a few "necessary" purchases might be accommodated, but we really have to start saving some more.

Back to photobooks...I just remembered my cousin Chen, teling me that another cuz of ours, Mickie is currently marketing her "banana book" in Cebu. Wwwhhhhat??!! and I went nearly out of my mind checking out every single site I can get my hand on...and there it is, staring at me in the face...It's owned by my cousin..who happens to be a very talented photog too. I need not see any sample work. But then again, how would I know ho to go about the order process? hehe...I sent her an email and she directed me to her website...sus, she has one man diay!

Now, I'm on to organizing my son's pictures...my first ever project. Good luck to myself! I have about a more than thousand or even two as I haven't really printed anything from the day he was born.

This is what is occupying my time lately. Will keep you posted for the final outcome. But am pretty much confident that it will come out great.

Remind me to share this information to my friends and sister

No comments: