Monday, February 25, 2008

Birthday Stories

I have yet to upload the pictures, but both occassions were very happy events...Marlon & my natal day! We had unexpected (but very much-welcome) visitors. My mom came over, primarily for her monthly check-up (she's a diabetic) and also from Marlon's side of the family, Nana & Nono came over to celebrate our birthdays with us. They also have to renew their passports. Didn't they all have hidden agenda for coming over? Hmp!

Auntie Heny, from L.A. here for a long vacation, arrived via PAL last Saturday with another relative, Auntie Suzy (technically our ninang sa wedding coz her hubby Uncle Nando is our wedding sponsor).

We only had dinner at home on Saturday. That's actually Marlon's bday! To do away with stress, I told my SIL Ate Dul, not to cook anymore & that we just order all food from our fave restos...to save on energy and to have more time to spend with each other.

Twas just us...our household & my SILs pharmacy staff and the people mentioned above who joined us for dinner. Some of Marlon's staff has to stay in the bodega so food was sent over to them na lang. Abel & Oboy and their not-so-little angel Gabby came and celebrated with us too. So my little boy is ecstatic to see her BFF (best friend forever! cousin)...so much so that he was having nightmare at midnight. Marlon's titas commented that it must be bec. he was overstimulated..hay, an understatement! When Gabby is around, Benedict can last til 1am playing ...what can i do? they're kids! There's only 2 of 'em but they can bring the roof down. I can't wait for the other cousins to come over..hehe

Sunday morning we attended mass at the Atrium and had lunch over at Kagay-anon. It's my bday!!! After that we visited Carmelites once again and toured our visitors to the Divine Mercy Shrine in nearby El Salvador. After which, we brought them to Panagatan for dinner. They love the wide assortment of seafoods. Wala yan sa States! hahaha

Hmmm, I'm now 31...i feel old! I hope I don't look old...(uyyy, fishing for compliments, hahaha). I am at a point in my life where I am happy and contented with who I am and what I have achieved, thus far. My family, esp. the little boy is the most important treasure I have. My Marlon is the soulmate God sent my way. And our little boy is very much the "angel" we have longed- and prayed-for all these years.

What are my wishes/resolutions?

  • Hope we get to travel to more places this year. Cebu & Bora trips definitely booked for May. Hope there can be even 1 trip abroad, maski Asia lang. Hmmm, have to do well sa mga raket to fund these trips.
  • I am not sure if we are serious abt it but we might decide to try for a baby middle of the year, when I am off the pill. Hopefully the polycistic ovaries will heal itself and the medication I am currently taking will work.
  • Arg! Oh i need to diet...and exercise! My OB advised me to take care of my health. I have started seeing an Endocrinologist too, as my mom is a diabetic, so I am also prone to be one. I may be "slim" but I may not be fit so I have to do something about this.
  • I also pray that we can continue to give to our fave charity. Inspite of the hard times, we are never too poor to give.
  • I also wish that I can have the courage to be able to drive. I really need to learn this skill coz we might be enrolling Benedict in a playgroup soon. And I cant always rely on the Daddy to chaffeur us around.
  • If there's one more wish I'd wish for myself, it's for my online toyshoppe to thrive and prosper. I'm keeping a positive attitude on this, with the help of dear friends and family, I know anything is possible under the sun.

Oh I've always been a firm believer and will always validate that God is so good.

And so I will end this bday post resting on my laurels for a while. I have been a good daughter, grand-daughter, sister, sister-in-law, friend, colleague, cousin, wife, mom, soulmate, neighbor, barkada, classmate, student and most importantly a good child of God....and will continue to be the best that I can be...hoping, praying, doing all that I can...always trusting that the best is yet to come...

Happy bday to my Babes and to me!!! **cheers**

No comments: