Saturday, September 03, 2005

yet another florist

What's good about preparing for a wedding at length is that you have the luxury to choose suppliers and review their package to the last detail. As for me, I have had the time to visit only 2 shops and another propspective florist was met by my cousin Yoyong who's coordinating the details of my wedding. But it really bugs me bec. I would often end up choosing the 1st one I've visited. It's like God telling me to trust my instinct?? or what my Dad Alex would often refer to as gut feel ;-)

Anyway, I visited Kaye's Floral Shop sometime in May. Then we had our package quoted. Unfortunately, Arlene's quotation rocketed to 92K with ceiling works & around 50K w/o it. I was immediately turned off bec. i feel that her prices were unreasonable. I hunted for another supplier & I found, Lush Blooms. Initially she quoted 32,500.00 for me after i showed her the list of my preferred flowers. wow, that's below my 50K budget! The downside nalang is that Grace told me that she's the same florist she got for her wedding & recently her sis-n-laws engagement. And they didn't get their money's worth. Ngee... But anyway, we agreed to give her a chance & see how she would fare during Cherry's wedding. We agreed to be vigilant na lang. So, ok na. Unfortunately, when i asked to have it detailed her quotation sky-rocketed to P 53+.. Uh, uh.. it didn't suit my budget very well. Prior to this diay, my cousin Yoyong met w/ Candy (a freelancer florist whom my Mama Jan referred) to discuss abt the place set-up. To his horror, this fellow doesnt even have teh basic tool at hand. We are to buy pa everything. Eeoww! so i guess I'm back to dear old Kaye's. hehehe

Yesterday, i got a faxed sample of how they will set-up my reception place. Am just awaiting the drawing they will submit for my church lay-out & sample centerpieces.
The best thing is that, they agreed to have my budget set at P 40K. See, God really has a hand at this. He must know how harrassed I feel at night when I pray to him to send me his chosen supplier as I am tired of thinking na whom to book. hehe

Soon will post here the lay-out of my reception & church venues.
Hmmm, 3 months nalang!

No comments: