Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Little Leaps and the little boy..

Amongst his Leap Frog loot is the Little Leaps Grow-with-Me Learning system which we had ordered pa together with our merchandise. Actually, I think I am more excited than the little boy to try out this particular toy. I have heard/read lots of raves & reviews over this award-winning educational toy, inspite of its short circulation in the market. This was only released recently. But already amongst the best-sellers in the Leap Frog extensive variety of educational toys. I'm sure as a mom, most can relate to this excitement...

My only worry is that my friend told me a few days ago that she had a hard time setting up the system when she tried hers. I was worried it's going to be difficult & all-technical. I wish Marlon need not go to the office early so he could have been the one setting it up. Haay, I can only follow the manual and instructions, but you know how men are more wired to understand the technical stuffs? (But I guess, it's not really true to..I must admit that it just gets me off the hook easily..hehe) But in times like these, I have to rise to the occassion..no choice na, the little boy is patiently waiting for me to set-up his new toy. It's TV & DVD-connected, so I have to read through the manual for the codes and all. And it doesn't help that the little boy is so "hands-on"... (read: hilabtanon..hehe) But who am I to complain? Whose toy is it anyway? hahaha..

But with Baby Tad around to keep him company, I was able to set-up the new Little Leaps system in peace...after a few missed attemps on the codes, 'coz Benedict was occupied with his new friend.

The rest of the afternoon and even after dinner, was spent playing with his Little Leaps...he also liked pushing & pulling the buttons. So far, he likes the red circle button on the center, but he can say "boo" (blue) which means he can actually identify the blue rectangular button on his left. I think I am more excited than Benedict..hahaha..I tried pushing the buttons myself. And we had fun late in the afternoon bonding over his new toys.

I have only opened two CDs which are all played in the "baby mode"...The first one has a title of"Say It, Baby" which will teach about common first words... but today, we only tried the "Play & Move" CD. I thought it would be best to open a new one every month so that he can maximize the learning moments...get to really tinker with each & every title and its respective lesson/fun games. Just enough time to really get to play with each CD extensively. I had this Baby Mode CDs kept in the closet...

  • Leap Ahead
  • First Steps
  • Creative Baby:Discovering Music & Artistic Expression
  • Winnie The Pooh: Exploring Feelings and Friendships

And after his 2nd birthday, he will be ready to move on to the "toddler" mode CDs which has the following titles:

  • The Backyardigans:Learning Rhythm and Movement
  • Thomas and Friends: Exploring Manners and Emotions
  • Dora The Explorer: Discovering Words and Language

When I see my little prince enjoying his new toy like this, it makes me so thankful that we get to buy stuffs for him. And I love my husband even more bec. he makes effort to work hard just so his son can "play hard". Thanks so much Babes! We love you so, Dada...

No comments: