Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Benedict and his new "friend" Tad

The little boy was so tired of yesterday's activities, imagine skipping his usual 2-4 hr. afternoon nap altogether...but that was partly our fault too. We dragged him to the airport with us to fetch Auntie Heny. And to Abel's clinic where Auntie had a dental appointment. And of course, he was excited playing with Ate Gabby. No wonder that this morning, he was teary-eyed when he looked for me the moment he woke up. I was already in my work area checkin' emails. But he was all smiles when he saw his surprise!

We finally got our boxful of Leap Frog stuffs...but most of the books are kept directly in the closet to avoid being lugged around by the little boy. He wont be needing them just yet. But I am already satisfied with the purchases I have made...which the Daddy obviously had to pay for... But in terms of educational materials such as this one, we do not scrimp. It doesn't matter if we have to sacrifice a few shopping spree, dining out & dates... Marlon & I always agree, when it comes to Benedict... better more, than less. We make ways to be able to provide him the necessary tools but of course we can not afford everything also, but for the most part at least we try our very best. And nothing beats personal attention...being physically present ever...Oh you'd be surprised how the young boy prefers more cuddles & kisses than new toys and gadgets. At least, we are consoled that the right values are in place.

Just the same, my little munchkin is so happy with his new stuffs. Of course the first thing to catch his attention is the cute little thing...his new learning friend we named "Baby Tad". I have such a sweet little boy for a son. He hugs me tight for no reason at all (with matching "hmmmm" sound) occassionally accompanied by kisses on the lips pa. And he does the same too on some of his fave toys...esp. Mickey Mouse. But this morning, after my good morning hug & kiss, the receipient of his affection is the new toy still in it's box.

In fact, after his lunch I was able to set-up his new Little Leaps system in peace...after a few missed attemps on the codes, 'coz Benedict was occupied with his new friend. They were singing a counting song (which I am actually not familiar with) and by mid-noon, he was already adding "ten" to his few counting vocabulary consisting of only "eight" and "nan" (nine).

He was so smitten with the new toy that when he napped in the afternoon, he was hugging the stuffed toy to sleep. And he's constantly hugging (or maybe wrestling is the more appropriate word?...haha) Baby Tad again tonight just before his bedtime.

I just removed the toy from his arms when he was in deep slumber 'coz it might sing and wake us all up in the middle of the night should my little guy roll over it. I feel satisfied that we can now "guess" what kind of toys he prefers. Oh, it mostly involves cars & everything with wheels, and balls of all sizes...Lately he loves books too, the ones with flaps most especially. I hope this Tad would be amongst his fave ones, so that Mickey Mouse can be given a rest too.

No comments: