Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Baby Pouch

For the longest time I was contemplating on getting this baby gear. You see my Benedict still loves to be carried around esp. when we go malling. At 18 months, he now weights 12.2 kls. And my back's been killing me all these time. I've always been a believer of attachment parenting & had been advocating it to friends even. Apart from breastfeeding, cuddling Benedict is the single most fave activity of mine. I love smelling the freshly washed hair & the creases & fold of my baby boy's chubby neck too. Ahh, heaven for mommies!

But I am scoliotic. In fact, lately I've been to my doctor twice already for a lengthy 10-days physical therapy sessions due to my aching back...and the single culprit is my carrying my little boy. Dra. Grace told me that she could not believe that I had been able to deliver my child via normal means considering how bad my curves were. I had been her patient since more than a decade ago and I trully believe in her capabilities & expertise...but I totally put my trust (even more so!) in miracles too. And I know there are such in my life. Way before Marlon & I got engaged, the kindly doctor gave my then-boyfriend a heart-to-heart talk explaining that I may not be able to bear him a child. When I think back to that day, I always say a short prayer of thanks bec. not only am I scoliotic, recently we have discovered pa that I also have a case of polycistic ovaries. So it's nothing short of a miracle that Benedict was conceived immediately during our honeymoon. Our miracle & prayed-for baby...trully a blessing, as his name suggests.

Anyway, a few months back...I was really thinking of purchasing a baby sling. In fact I had been checking out R' Jellybeans then and was able to exchange a few emails w/ Jen CC Tan (who bdw, is a very gracious lady who offers free advices)...She told me to check with my doctor first. Unfortunately, Dr. Grace was giving me the stern look when I asked her if I could use the baby sling. I know she only means well. That motherly doctor...but I also heed her advise then and didn't push through buying the sling from Jen. Now what made me purchase Monica & Denise's baby pouch? Aside from defying my doctor you mean? hehehe...I was after the price. It's the most affordable one I have found in the market so far, cheaper but still done with great style and does not sacrifice good quality too. This is trully just to test if baby pouch will still work with Benedict. I personally think this will only last for a few months if we are lucky. Most likely, a few weeks (i hope!). But sometimes, we just have to take the risk. Wont really know til try it out if it's gonna work right? But I am crossing my fingers that it will. After all, the price I paid for the baby pouch is a small fraction of the PT session fees I shell out to cure my aching back.

And I trully wish that this will work for us. If it is any indication though, (I am totally hopeful about this), when I put my Benedict on it when my package arrived this afternoon, he instantly take on to it. And in fact he felt sleepy while I was wearing him & dancing around. Less than 3 mins. (promise this is no exag!) he was off to dreamland na. I had to take him down and ask yaya to handwash the baby pouch & have it machine-dried as well as under the sun. Had to take advantage of the scorching heat of the summer time sun.

And voila! barely 3 hrs. after, it had been washed and pressed na. All ready to go malling with us later. Can hardly wait to try it out. Hope I wont forget to ask the Daddy to snap some pics of me & my little munchkin on it later. These are some of the mommy stuffs which excites only mommies like me. Thanks to Monica & Denise, yummy mummies of Indigo Baby for bringing in these stuffs.

No comments: