Thursday, March 27, 2008

...Gone Wireless ;-)

I am actually in bed...but not asleep. How could I? When it's the first night I am using the wireless connection in my newly-resurrected Compaq.

Hay, my Holy Week (Black Saturday to be exact) has gone mad bec. I discovered that I can not log in to Yahoo. A few days before that, I've lost my YM connection but can still check emails and multiply site. So dedma lang me. But I have gone crazy calling up friends on a supposedly holy Black Sat. to ask for help! Bless my closest of friends who have indulged my panic-driven state =D I was so beside myself with worry that my laptop might have totally crashed and with it all my important files from way, way back...esp. worried abt my wedding files. Not much with the pics as I have recently been very religious in doing back-ups written in CDs as soon as I have uploaded em in my various blogsites too.

And how about my online biz? It's plain torture to not be able to check on my site every single day as I have been used to it since the biz kicked off early this year. I am so blessed to have a very reliable girl scout partner in my best friend Che. She has single-handedly taken charge of the queueing queries and orders. It should have been my turf. She was forced to learn to navigate multiply site herself. I hope she wont fire me for slacking off...hehehe. I can only put the blame on the viruses (several of them) which had inflicted my unprotected gadget. No excuse, just dumb enough to not install Norton sooner. Haay, may na lang angels abound in this world.

Since it was a Black Saturday, wasn't able to accomplish much except bombard my friends with questions & worries...ahihi...good thing they are real friends =D Only on Monday was I able to bring the poor laptop to Dataworld SM and there we found another angel who is my own hubby's namesake. He was very competent & knowledgable. And I was immediately assured that I came to the right place when he didn't overcharged us...and instead gave us all the infos. and advices on how to handle such inevitable crashes. We were about to go when my dear hubby asked how much would going wireless cost? I stopped dead on my tracks, too excited to even ask if he was going to buy me a wireless broadband router...hehe, I admit that's the melodramatic side of me talking...Marlon's always like that. I'm sure if he could only afford the glossy, white Macbook on display that day, I would have taken it home with me that day too...(wishful thinking!) Nah, but seriously, I am so humbled bec. my dear spouse is such a darling...always thinking of my convenience (to the point of spoiling me rotten). Good thing I am such a good wifey too...hahaha (patting my own back). I got my newly reformatted laptop last Tuesday. Imagine just staying overnight with the technician and being good as new the morning after? Some people can really make magic. And so, bec. hubby expected to be able to pay more, he bought me the broadband router and agreed for the technician to come by our place this afternoon to install it himself.

So, after about an hour of troubleshooting since my Internet Explorer had been acting up (it just needed a newer version download lang diay), the techician was able to configure the broadband router and I was able to enjoy a Wi-Fi zone in our humble abode. Our place is just tiny so the 250 meter radius is really huge, but he has set up a password so that the neighbors wont be able to tap into my connection as this will affect the kind of signal I will be getting. And I have enjoyed browsin' thru the websites of my friends while having coffee in the veranda. Pure bliss to be able to sit beside my boy while he watches his Barney while I am discreetly checking on my emails.

Oh well, I just loved typing away while my father & son are deep in slumber. But this time I am just right here beside them instead of being in the confines of my comp. table. I can easily pat the back of my little boy at his slightest whimper...hmmm, another spoiled-brat in the making?? Ahhh, the joy of mommy-hood! I soo love my Babes and the little babe we have produced...

Nighty night!!!

1 comment:

Alma said...

Going wireless really gives you freedom...I so love my WeRoam :)