Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

...in April? you must think I have gone crazy or lost track of time...(very much possible as it can happen so many a times that being a SAHM as i am, I can get in & out of my PJs and lost track of time) I guess, i relate to time as breakfast for Benedict, email time for me, lunchtime...bath time, book-reading, nap time...(time for me to check emails some more ) snack time...time to play outside...tv time...and free play for my Benedict. And then dinner time, book-reading again and finally, time to pray before bedtime. Haaay, that enumerates the activities for the day for a SAHM like myself.

But you will be really surprised how time flies for mommies like myself. I have barely finished answering queries/emails and my little boy is up and about na, refreshed from his naptime, while me, the mommy is feeling tired and sleepy from staring too much at the computer-screen pa. But for Benedict...time can stand still...I wouldn't ever trade a moment with my little boy...and his sloppy kisses and big hugs! I relish the fact that I am his best friend in the whole, wide world...and that he goes to me when he doesn't understand the drawing in his book...or forgets the name of an object or toy or colors. I feel so needed albeit very much at this point in my little boy's young existence.

Oh, but what does it have to do with the title of my post? Oh well, it's bec. again, my sweetie first love (dear hubby, who else?) reminded me that no matter how I get so engrossed with motherhood and pre-occupied with our son, there must be time for ME and US too. Although, the US part, I must totally admit, we still have to work on it. But the me time, I have found a way to make time for an online biz and squeeze book-reading too on the side. I have regained the confidence and independence I have so enjoyed when I was single yet. True, motherhood fulfills in us women a certain something, but it's only a part of our being...a very integral part but just the same, only a part and not the whole point of our existence.

I love my life-patrner so dearly bec. he is not only a husband to me and a Daddy to our son, he is also my best friend for 14 yrs. and counting... my only boyfriend ("ex" na diay of 9 yrs), and my trusted supporter and # 1 cheerleader all the time. And after all these years, he does not fail to make me feel sooo loved. He shows it in so many ways...either by supporting my dreams...sometimes to a point of giing me a shove when i get cold feet...or providing me a much-needed push when i get scaredy-cat for no reason at all.

Oh indulge me for going gaga over the man I have married and promise to spend the rest of my life with...he has after all bought me an advance mother's day present. And I am currently using it to be able to post this particular blog. weeehhh, i got my very own Asus eee pc courtesy of my dear husband...and I am currently enjoying it!

It's a bit of a challenge at first getting used to the uber teeny tiny keys...and I was not so happy with Linux when I got it. Good thing Marlon got me an 8G so having Windows XP installed means I still have enough space left for my very precious pics.

I can't wait to bring it with me when we go on vacation to Cebu and Bora soon. I so love my hubby bec. now, he became a mind reader... bwahaha!

Oh, I hope the rest of the world is enjoying mommyhood as I am...and not only bec of the teeny-weeny laptop :-) I am also looking forward to sharing the day with our dear Mama. it's rare that we get to be with her on such day. My Siobe and I will definitely think of something extra special...weeehhh, thinking of such pa lang makes me oh-so-happy na.

Happy Mother's Day in advance to all my mommy friends...God bless all moms!

No comments: