Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ants bite???

I dunno if any of you has ever experienced this...

My Benedict have red, swollen areas in his body, particularly in his arms, ear and forehead. It's so huge, I got scared and thought a cockroach must have bitten him. I dont think it's a mosquito bite coz it's different from before.

Given that my little boy is allergic (to so many things, including dust), I was so concerned bec. he might react to the insect bite. I am so worried that I had been keeping an eye over him. Hmmm, he seems normal though...except for the scratching part...he seems to be waking up a bit more than usual to scratch the itchy areas.

We are going to his pedia tom...for our peace of mind. I dont think it's mosquito...and we moved our mattresses and cheked on all the pillows and blankets to rule out the possibility that a cockroach may have done the biting. Marlon thinks the culprit may be a teeny-weeny ant... haaay, blame me for allowing the little boy to eat biscuits in bed.

We did find a tiny little ant when hubby inspected the area, but it was dead na. Hay, i just hope it's only ant bite lang. But as always, erring on the side of caution, we will be seeing his pedia in the morning.

I feel a it sad coz we had to start Benedict on Singulair again for the whole month of May. Last Sunday he started coughing (occassionally lang nuon). I think it might be due to over-exhaustion. He was with us malling and was left in a daycare with yaya for a while. It's really difficult to leave the kid with only the nanny, no matter how well-meaning and capable she may be. And just today, he had been sneezing and showing signs of having acquired the colds. I just hope he gets better in time for our trip to Cebu.

1 comment:

theworkingmom said...

My Ethan gets those marks din especially if we forget to apply his insect repellant.

Ganun talaga pag parents, medyo praning, wanting to err always on the safe side.

Would like to invite you to join the Pinoy Parenting Blog Carnival, which we just set up today!

Please click here for details: Pinoy Parenting Blog Carnival

Hope you'll join us!