Wednesday, October 19, 2005

week-end trip to Cebu

ola! just got back from my week-end shopping trip to Cebu, where I was able to book most of my weddng suppliers...

florist - Arlene Chiu of KAYE's (a darling Easternian, though older than us. But a Chinese as well so there's an instant connection plus trust, knowing that I am in good hands. So, all details in the reception was finalized. I find her so kind for agrreing to meet me at 8:30 am just so I can get the rest of my tasks done.

photo- Michael Manabat who goes by this tagline "Marry the right person, hire the right photographer, capture the magic forever..." Kinda like God has pointed me out to this person. I feel like I was being literally tapped on the back bec. of the word "MAGIC" (",)

well, that was my only major accomplishment for this trip. Hoping to finish the rest of the supplier bookings when we go back at the end of this month. Other things I bought:

my bridal shoes - got it from Bass, it's a simple ivory white strappy mule with a dainty ribbon on the front. will post pic soon. I fell in love with it the moment I've laid my eyes on it at the display glass in Ayala.

toasting flute- got a 4-piece set, just to be sure there are extras in case I break them. hmm, remember that I did break one of the 2 that we used for the beach prenup? hehe, clumsy me. or was that nervousness??

jewelry set- got my set with the help of a very generous w@wie who goes by the name IDA (thanks girl, you're heaven-sent!). haven't taken pics of it yet, but will do that soonest so I can post it here.

among others, i was also able to meet a prospective emcee, Rudinah (a friend of Ryan's). She's actually a very good one though I deferred hiring her as I am still thinking of getting a 6-man team of coordinator w/ an emcee included. anyway, I haven't brought it up w/ Marlon yet. also, I shuld have met with the band Auntie Belen has recommended to play during the reception. Unfortunately, Sarah Geronimo had a concert at Waterfront so they were not around for their usual gig. hmm, what else did I miss? Oh yes, I got to spend time with my sister & my niece, the only one who can trully melt my heart w/ her toothless grin. I stayed again at my cousin Chen's place. Theirs is really a warm home for me, even then & esp. now, that I badly need a place to stay for the sole trips I have to take for the wedding preps.

what's stressing me now is actually not the week-end trip itself, but the burden of unexpectd hitches... such as... my cousin, who's getting married this week-end will be wearing a gown exactly like mine (or so my cousin Yoyong had said). I mean I was not affected when he told me that we almost had the same design of wedding rings, but a GOWN? I wouldn't want to look like I borrowed hers for my wedding day noh? I was really devastated. I will be calling my couturier w/in the week to inform him that I won't have it that way. He has to change my design altogether. hayyy, frustrating!

well, there goes my week-end story...

No comments: