Saturday, October 08, 2005

faux wax seal mistake & lessons learned from it

We were in the process of trying to make our faux wax seal (aka colored gluestick stamp). Both Marlon & I took turns getting used to how to do it the right way (carefully following Glo's step-by-step guidelines). We started doing this since last Sat. pa using up more than 10 sticks of the transparent gluestick. Finally, Wednesday night, we thought we have perfected it enough to try using the gold seal already. To our dismay, the monogram can't be seen bec. of too much glitters. As in, palpak jud! I couldn't believe it! 100 pcs. of glittery gold-colored gluestick will be put to waste :-(
I was touched when I apologized to Marlon for not being able to foresee this one. And to think I was the one adamant to use the wax seal effect pa raba jud, for the "royal look". hehe. Marlon merely said that I need not apologize bec. he also knows that I wouldn't want to waste my money either, twas just a wrong choice. He then said that I place a new order for a PLAIN Gold-colored variety this time. And that I did, profusely looking for a supplier for this. I even posted Help! over w@w community but maybe all other brides to be are busy w/ their own preps also. Luckily, I still kept the contact #s of suppliers recommended before so I was able to source the needed gluestick from REGINA MERCADO yesterday. Tomorrow the gluesticks (all 150 pcs. of it) are scheduled to arrive na. Hay, some glitches...
But the good thing about this experience is that we were able to sort things out without hurting each other's feelings, dba? I really appreciate it that I didn't hear "sermon" instead an encouragement. I hope this is a good indication of our communication prowess. There is certainly a way to let the person know that she might be wrong (or did something wrong, even a smal detail like this) but it's not taken against her. Now, that's what I call LOVE! (",)

2 comments:

Glo said...

Yikes, pero you know sometimes good things come out the mishaps in your lives. Its just a minor setback. When the new sticks come out Im sure youd be back on track.

Anyway, you can use naman yung old sticks for something, iisip ako san pede I'll let you know.

I hope we can see each other in Cebu by feb nga pala. For sure after the wedding na.

Jacque said...

sis! we did the same mistake...as in! nalungkot din me nun coz i also thought we'll get the "royal" look we wanted. hehe, so much for our enchanted theme. since i cant find gold glue sticks anymore, we used dark brown na lang...parang old age ang dating. hehe. miss you too sis! muah! hope to see you really soon. :)

if you have votives, you can use your glittery glue sticks dun para pag may candle na sa loob, ganda ng effect nung gold sa glass. :)