Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Kumon Workbooks

Just a couple of days ago, I was browsin' Mommy Tin's site again (have you noticed Mommy Tin? I am always making 'tambay' on your site?...aside from getting mesmerized over cutie Vien kc, I also learn a lot from your leads...esp along crafts and activities for the kids). And I came across some pics of Vien using her Kumon books.

I got immediately interested when I learned that those activity workbooks are good even for 2 year old toddlers. (Big thanks to Mommy Tin for sharing the site ---www.kumonbooks.com) And to top it off, it's locally available at NBS. No waiting for more than a month for imported items to be bought from the US.

A quick visit to NBS-SM Branch here yielded me only the My First Book of Maze title. I had them call their LKK branch but unfortunately, as mostly the case, the saleclerks are so lazy to check their stocks...so they said they dont have it daw. But when I personally went there, I saw some other titles in their shelves. Hay!

Anyway, I got the ff. books: My First Book of Coloring, More Let's Cut Paper!, More Let's Sticker & Paste! and More Let's Fold! And I learned that these books should be used sequentially. Or at least according to the supervisor I have talked to at NBS. I still have to visit one more NBS branch in Cogon to check on their availability, but I also asked my friend Che to help me look for 'em at NBS-Cebu branches. Hay, may na lang I am blessed with friends like her!

I have yet to get a copy of Let's Color!, Let's Fold!, Let's Cut Paper! and Let's Sticker & Paste! (which are actually the first books in the series) As well as the MORE Let's Color! copy (which belongs to the second books in the series together with the titles...MORE Let's Fold!, MORE Let's Cut Paper! and MORE Let's Sticker & Paste!). I am also on the look-out of the next book in the line My First Book of Tracing...which is the pre-requisite to the other titles including the My First Book of Mazes, which I already bought and My First Book of Cutting, which I am still hunting for. Mommy Tin, if you are reading this post, I gathered this info. from a supervisor at our local NBS here when I placed an order for the rest of the titles I am looking for.

I am getting excited to get started with these new activity workbooks. I feel like I am a pre-schooler too...all giddy with anticipation and excitement. Hay! I just love being a mom!!! Even if it entails all the tedious domestic tasks...All it takes is my little boy's tiny little arms wrapped around my neck from behind, and a soft "i wub you mommy!" to melt my heart.

No comments: