Saturday, November 05, 2005

same wedding gown design as my cousin's..NO MORE

hey there!
been a while, was quite detached from blogging & emails bec. most of my time was spent looking for an alternate design for the wedding gown of mine (which was literally copied by a cousin). Oh well, bridge under the water na sya, as her wedding had passed & she walked down the aisle with my design na :-( Talked with the designer already and agreed on a new design na. Actually, we came to a part where we both raised our voices na to each other to stress on a certain point. Well, his poor excuse is that he will be using different materials daw so it won't come out the same, but I'll post the pix below for everyone who will chance upon my blog to see if I am only imagining the resemblance.


Close friends & relatives who really knew me are taking my arguments & side, but I'm beyond that now. What's important to me is that I have already a new design (& I shall say it's far better that the old one). To top it off, there's a new guideline from my church which says that bridal gown & those of the entourage must ot show any bare back or shoulders. (oooppps! did I forget to mention that mine is a low-dipped back & a tube top?) to my surprise, when I bring this up w/ my designer, he readily agreed on making me a shrug (sort of like a tiny bolero) and my ento. a shawl, AT NO EXTRA COST.. God is really good!!!

As of the moment, I am awaiting the fax message of my designer for the new sketch of my bridal gown. I am actually hesitating if I post this here right now. You can bet the previous incident freaked me out that much to draw out this kind of feelings from me. I am almost always a rational, sensible person... but this has nearly driven me nuts. hehe. You won't believe the extent of stress this has brought me, I am awake til past midnight to almost 2am every single night since I knew of this unfortunate incident & was almost always behind my laptop, screwing my brains out of every juicy, creative ideas to incorporate into my gown, all the while bombarding my wedding e-groupmates with help! messages. Finally, after so many suggestions from them & friends (in flesh), there was this one link to a design sent by GLORIA (God bless this woman!) that I've fallen in love with. So there, I was furiously scribbling & sketching (did I mention that I do this on the side too, for me mostly & for some colleagues & friends who thinks that they are good enough to be worn, hehe) and was able to come up with what I thought is a good revision, which I will post here.

Moral of the story? Choose your support group quite well. Cousins, relatives as they may be, might really not know you at all to know that they are causing you hurt & sleepless nights. In the end, those who will bail you out will be those who had trully known you & love you to cause you any pain. My everlasting gratitude to the ONE up there and my guardian angels, coz they are trully the only ones who knew that I was about to let go, yet I hang on bec. of them. And of course, my fiance, whose unwaivering support I have most felt through this unfortunate test. What a way to test our relationship! And my close cousins, Chen & Ryan and my siblings, Garce & Jayr, for being angels on earth. It's true that we cant choose our families, but we do have a choice on who we keep contacts with. All that being said, I leave all else to HIM. DW indeed brings out the best in all of us. (",)

2 comments:

Glo said...

Im glad this thing is over! Im happy rin to be of help to you :)

Jacque said...

sis! good thing you're back on track! muah! lapit na tayo! this is it! :)