Monday, September 22, 2008

How am I coping as a mom of a preschooler? :)

The week went by so fast...I was living one day at a time. I can barely think in the morning as I went pass through the daily routine of getting my Benedict in his school in time for his 10:00am class. I am a night-owl by nature and am so grouchy in the morning before I have my brunch, which usually would mean around 10am na. But all for the love of my son, I have to drag myself up...literally! I look so funny in the morning light :) What the hell am I doing?!!!

But then again, I just have to remember that every mom went through this stage and as my own Mama said "it's payback time!" hahaha. We (my siblings & I) must have really given her a headache in our student days.

The upside in this set-up is that I get to eat breakfast too. No choice, I cant stand not having any meal coz my lunchtime will be sometime around 1:00pm na as I would let Benedict have his lunch in school together with his "classmates". No, this is not for bonding! But merely for practical reasons...the little guy promptly sleeps once he is in a car (i guess the rocking motion still soothes him ^_^) so having him take his lunch first ensures that he is full before going home.

I went inside the 'classroom" with my little boy on his first day. And I was able to take a few photos & videos (with the directress' clearance beforehand) of him doing his first "work" as what Montessori practice termed their activities. I had fun witnessing him eagerly getting his hands into different kinds of wooden educational materials such as puzzles, blocks and the likes... I have to admit that I got so eager and excited myself the night before his first day. So much so that all out outfit for the following day were carefully laid out in the closet. hahaha... told you i am overly excited! Mental note:I have to remember to still do the same for Benedict's sibling/s if & when we will be blessed with more kids and when their time comes).

I am getting the hang of being a preschooler's mom now. Oh well, not quite...totally. But at least I can now wake up ahead of the alarm clock and now have a system working for me. I just have to jot all my To Do's down the night before I'd retire for bed...or else I'd promptly forget about everything in the midst of my new morning routine.

But I am totally enjoying seeing my Benedict enjoying his new school set-up...and meeting new friends. Surprisingly, he is easily adaptable. I mean I didn't quite expect this from him since he is so used to our "baby-ing" him most of the time.

No comments: