Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Summer Vacation

As I was typing my title of this post, I remember my summer vacations of long ago, when I was yet a kid and we would be spending all of our summer days in Mapang. Back then I relish the airplane ride...and all the happy and fun times associated with summer! Of course starting with the fact that summer break means no-school...hurray!!!!

And thus it brings me back to memory lane...but now, I am getting the same excitement, if not more...because this time I am seeing/feeling it through my son's eyes/senses. Thi will be his first major trip away from our homebase in CDO as his earlier trips had been when he was yet too young to understand. And I am getting giddy with excitement over his first plane ride later this afternoon.

Haay, I just don't know if this is a normal feeling for mommies like myself...or if I am just being OA..haha. But we (Marlon & I) are sooo looking forward to this break. We are so excited to be a spectator when Benedict tries so many new things in this particular trip. Among his firsts would be:

  • first plane rides
  • first time to try Gymboree
  • first time in Bora (and this includes me as his Daddy had been there na before)
  • first get-together with his cousins (Gianne & Vince) in Cebu

As a mom, I can't be more excited for my little boy. I have packed our stuffs for like 3 days...hahaha. Of course there's my travel checklist to aid me. Can't seem to go off lists nowadays, am just so 'fraid I might miss some things...must be the anesthesia (haha, won't admit lang jud na age is catching up w/ me).

I couldn't wait to be in my fave Queen City of the South later. We are sooo looking forward too of the kids' (Gianne, Vince & Benedict) get-together.

Gotta go now...need to finish packing the rest of our stuffs. See you, Cebu!!!!

No comments: